The Phantom V arrived in 1959 based on the Silver Cloud II Chassis with an extra 21 inches of Wheelbase for the occupant’s comfort and an extra cross member to add more rigidity to the structure.
Powered by a silky smooth 6 ¼ Litre V8 Engine (6230cc) also from the Cloud II. The transmission is a 4 Speed Automatic Transmission.
The Body work of this PV23 Is by James Young with an exceptionally rare and elegant Rear Quarter Window. The body is painted in a Two Tone Configuration in Black and Ivory. The interior front compartment is in a Beige Leather. Where the rear occupants can enjoy a sumptuous West of England Cloth and a plethora of Burr Walnut Veneer. The Rear compartment was completed with individual picnic tables, Drinks Cabinet with Glass Ware, Electric Partition for added privacy and two reading lamps. Even two jump seats which fold into the floor. Every detail finished with the greatest sense of detail and Quality.
This example was delivered new to the United States where it remained before coming to Switzerland in 1992. This is an exceptionally original example in perfect running condition thanks to its recent work by P&A Wood. In Paul Wood’s Words “this is the best coachbuilt luxury car made since World War Two”
Contact us for full History information